This is the WRAC Association Frequently Asked Questions page to help you with questions concerning the WRAC Association, membership or using our website...


Course Photos

How do I obtain a copy of my course photo from Guildford?
Unfortunately the WRAC Association does not hold any Course Photos or other items of historical interest. On the disbandment of the WRAC on 6 April 1992 the contents of the WRAC Museum were 'gifted' to the National Army Museum where the majority of items have been archived. Some artefacts have been transferred to the Adjutant General's Corps Museum in Winchester.


Donations: How do I make a donation to the WRAC Association?

The WRAC Association is a registered charity that relies on membership subscriptions and the good-will of its supporters to enable it to operate effectively. If you would like to make an online donation to either the WRAC Association or the ATS & WRAC Association Benevolent Fund please click on the Donate link on this website.



I'm planning on making a trip to Guildford, is there anything left for me to see?
The site of Queen Elizabeth Barracks is now a housing development however all the roads on the development have been named after ATS and WRAC Directors and Directors of Music. In addition the developer placed two Obelisks in Forster Road and Hopkin Close. It is hoped that plaques will be placed on the Obelisks to recognise the historical relevance of the location. The WRAC Association has renewed links with Guildford Cathedral and, in addition to the stained glass window, the QMAAC and ATS Standards were 'laid up' in the Cathedral on 20 May 2012. It is also planned to place the QMAAC, ATS and WRAC memorial books on permanent display in 2014.

Historical Research

Can you help me with some historical research?
Unfortunately we do not have the personnel or resources to assist with individual research requests. On the disbandment of the WRAC on 6 April 1992 the contents of the WRAC Museum were 'gifted' to the National Army Museum where the majority of items have been archived. Some artefacts have been transferred to the Adjutant General's Corps Museum in Winchester. The Imperial War Museum, London has a significant number of QMAAC and ATS images available to search online.


I think I am entitled to a medal that I never received during my Service, who do I contact?
The Service Personnel & Veterans Agency (Veterans UK) have a comprehensive website covering many Veterans issues, including medals. 

Service Records

How do I obtain a copy of a QMAAC, ATS or WRAC Service Record for myself or a relative?
The WRAC Association does not hold any Service Records, please contact the MOD.

Branches (WRAC Association)

I'd like to join a Branch but can't see one listed in my local area, what should I do? There are WRAC Association Branches located all over the country, taking part in many and varied activities. Some meet every month, some only meet once a year depending on the size and age of the membership. If you can't see a Branch near you why not start one? We can put you in contact with other Association members in your area. For further information contact HQ WRAC Association. 


I would like to take part in the National Service of Remembrance at The Cenotaph and to march in the parade, how do I get a ticket?

The WRAC Association receives a limited number of tickets from the organiser, the Royal British Legion. Tickets are only allocated to WRAC Association members and if the event is over subscribed a ballot will be held. Some tickets are also available for Association members for the formal opening of The Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey on the Thurday preceding Remembrance Sunday.


Do you have an ATS or WRAC flag that can be draped over a coffin? The WRAC Association does not have an ATS or WRAC flag available for loan. The Royal British Legion has published a very comprehensive guide on Funeral Etiquette.

Your Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

Your Shopping Cart

The cart is empty

WRACA Logo RS Grey

Comradeship, esprit de corps, benevolence and preserving traditions. The WRAC Association:  maintaining contact between former members of Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps, the Auxiliary Territorial Service, the Auxiliary Territorial Service Territorial Army, Women's Royal Army Corps, Women's Royal Army Corps Territorial Army, WRAC Territorial and Volunteer Reserve and women still serving in the Army.                                                                      

HQ Office Hours

We are here to help you during the following hours:

Mon - Fri  9am - 1pm
Sat - Sun  Closed
Phone  0300 400 1992
Fax  0300 400 1938

{0300 calls charged at local rate}

HQ Address

WRAC Association
Unit 39
Basepoint Business Centre
1 Winnall Valley Road
SO23 0LD

Quick Contact

WRAC Association Contact Form
Select a reason for contacting us... *
Invalid Input
First Name *
Please type your full name.
Invalid Input
E-mail *
Invalid email address.
Invalid Input
Your Message
Invalid Input